Annual Celebration of Technology & Innovation
Each Spring, Emory's Office of Technology Transfer hosts an Annual Celebration of Technology and Innovation. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, there won’t be an in-person event. The 2021 awardees will be announced on July 30th – stay tuned.
As part of the announcement of the 2021 awardees we are highligting the awardees from 2020 where the in-person event was canceled on short notice due to the pandemic. We spoke with a number of award recipients from 2020 in each category about their award.
- “My family was ecstatic about the news."
- "... [given] the breadth of work that happens at Emory University [to] be included amongst this group of award recipients.”
- "It was a plesant surprise."
- "... giving credit to the team for the hard initial work is critical to encourage other young scientists ..."
What's the one word so many use to describe their award? Read the full interviews in our blog (http://bit.ly/2020OTTAwards) to find out.
We also spoke with a number of award recipients from previous years about their experience receiving an award and the attending the event. Some of the comments we received were
- “It was most gratifying to be recognized for developing translatable technologies that can help manage diseases."
- “Winning the award came as a surprise."
- "The other thing that was so exciting was that many people on my team were able to come for the ceremony."
- “It was exciting. For my wife and kids, it was important that they see that what I was spending all my nights doing was moving somewhere ..."
- "For our lab, the award itself was the beginning of other opportunities that were presented to us."
- “It is exciting to get recognition for the work your team has done."
What's the one word so many use to describe the event? Read the full interviews in our blog (https://bit.ly/Annual_Where) to find out.